Everything you expect from a current account, with some nice extras.
- Have your credit union loan paid directly into this account
- Transfer your credit union savings for easy access
- Internal and external transfers from your current account within 24 hours – online or in branch
- Pay your bills via Direct Debit or Standing Orders and receive discounts
- Choose the type of current account which suits your needs best (no “one size fits all” and no hidden charges)
- Use your MasterCard debit card to take advantage of the best online offers
- Use your card to pay for goods or services anywhere displaying the MasterCard sign
- Benefit from our new overdraft and contactless facilities (Terms and Conditions apply)
- Check your live balance via our online banking, mobile app or over the phone
- Receive free Insufficient fund alerts, Transaction confirmation alerts and Current balance alerts
- Request and receive up to date balances of all your LMC accounts by texting ‘bal’ to 80011
Mastercard SecureCode® provides enhanced security for online shopping
Added protection to keep transactions private
In order to make your online transactions secure Mastercard is introducing “SecureCode” technology from 18th February 2019. When you shop online with Mastercard and proceed to pay, the system will send a text message (SMS) to your mobile phone with a SecureCode. You are required to enter this SecureCode back in the online page to complete the transaction.
SecureCode service is to enhance your existing Mastercard debit card and gives you an additional layer of security that protects you against unauthorised use of your card when you shop at participating online retailers.
Shop online with confidence
When you make a purchase at a participating retailer, during the check-out process you may be prompted by your card issuer to identify yourself to ensure you are the person making the transaction. We will do this by sending a text message to your mobile phone that is registered with us. Please note that it could be any mobile phone capable of receiving a simple text messages and does not have to be a smart phone. All you need is to enter the SecureCode information into the check-out page and complete the transaction.
If you don’t have a mobile phone and wanted to shop online, you will have to phone our Help Desk to complete the transaction on 020 3773 1751.
What we need you to do
We need you to make sure you have your correct mobile number registered with us. You can update this via the “Personal Details” section within your online banking, over the phone or at your local branch. If you usually receive text messages when making purchases or ATM cash withdrawals with your LMCU Current Account Card, then you don’t need to do anything.